So Nimm Denn Meine Hande...

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Reflections from the last few days...

Well, my little leprechauns, the ArmChair Theologian is living in a new city now. This past week has been absolutely nuts and in 1 week I have gotten a job, packed, moved and worked 2 business days. Holy Schnikes. I sell computers now and live with a relative in a house with another 4 single guys, only 1 of which is a christian (my cousin). Here are some of the things that have been rattling through my head for the last 36 hours:

1. Man alive, God is faithful, and mighty, and wise, and etc. God always seems to pull the impossible together last minute, as if to brag. For example, I needed some cash to get up here before I came. I prayed and tried to find work and whatnot and then, as if to say 'just trust me dude!' I got $900 in the mail. $500 from a business that I worked for this summer for like 8 days (a scholarship from Petro-Canada; I guess cause my service rig had 8 days on a Petro Can hole and I took 2 classes this past semester; aka. I was in school and got some sorta scholarship I never applied for) and $400 from a person that I don't really ever talk to or anything, but she apparently heard I was moving and figured that I'd maybe need the money. I think God kinda likes rubbing it in my face that he owns the earth and everything in it (Ps. 24:1). One of these days I'll learn my lesson and just trust from the getgo.

2. People are sinful and most Christians are amazingly immature. Wow. The less said about this, the less chance of people knowing that I'm actually talking about THEM.

3. If a 'friend' comes into a computer store with you and gives you advice without shutting up for more than 2 minutes, he's most likely an idiot. Most people don't know much about computers, and that's okay, but what is worse is the guy who checked out one website, completely misunderstood everything he read, and now apparently has a PhD in Computer Science. Thoroughly entertaining, but you most likely won't get the sale.

4. It sucks being a theological minded, biblically literate, 20 something guy. I can't make jokes with anyone. I miss my seminary room-mate. Making a joke about the Hussites or ecumenism or sola glossolalia just gets blank stares from everyone up here. Crap for crap.

Well, I've gotta go buy food. Until next time,

The Armchair Theologian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home