So Nimm Denn Meine Hande...

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The Cognitive Malfunctioning of the Reprobate...

I was thinking tonight and I was reading and I realized something...Ephesians 4:17-18 is actually true when it says,

"So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts."

Outside of a firm foundation in ultimate reality (namely God's thoughts...aka divine revelation...aka the Bible) and the regeneration of the Holy Spirit (The renewal of the mind...aka Rom. 12:1-2), we're all cognitively malfunctioning. People are stupid...real stupid...and arrogant about it too. In fact, we're so dumb that we think we're geniuses. Outside of God, my brain is as useful as a a glowing balaclava on Juno Beach in 45'. People not only don't know how to think, but they're unable to rationally process as well. We're idiots. Know what? If you're smuggly agreeing right now, I'm most likely talking about YOU. I know I'm smuggly agreeing with me too. Argh! Until next time,

The Armchair Theologian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home