So Nimm Denn Meine Hande...

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Something ironic indeed...

Well, with Terri Schiavo filling the news, I was watching CNN while I was on the treadmill at the gym tonight and I was reminded that God indeed has a sense of irony. It seems that while Terri Schiavo, apparently a very unimportant person, is having her feeding tube removed and being allowed to starve to death because she's apparently not 'human' anymore. In a bizarre, and somewhat divinely ironic twise, I learned that the arguably most important man in the world is also on a feeding tube and now needs a tracheotomy to breathe. Check out this link:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/03/30/pope.monday/index.html

Yup. Pope John Paul II is breathing and being fed through a tube now, though only apparently in an effort to boost his caloric intake. I'm sure that people have already drawn the parallel, but it's definitely a stroke of the almighty's witt, none the less. I don't really have a lot to say about this...it's just interesting how one person is unfit to live and another is fit to rule an empire. I'm not saying that they are in the same boat; the pope is cognitively still 'there' while Terri is almost gone. Regardless, if John Paul is allowed to live, let alone rule, is there not a place for Terri?

Wow.

Until Next Time,

The Armchair Theologian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home