So Nimm Denn Meine Hande...

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Huh...I wonder what that means?

Wowzer. I must smoke crack or something. I've had this 'worship song' in my head for like 2 years and I couldn't remember where I knew it from. I even knew the words, although I couldn't remember the chorus. Well, I was just listening to some random music and I realized what it was...





...it was actually the theme song for "Knots Landing", the old soap opera. Apparently I made up the words and I'm flamingly insane. Although, now that I'm listening to a CD of TV themes, I think there are a lot of worship songs that rip off old TV themes. Matt Redmond has like 4 songs that sound like the old theme song for Kojak and I'm sure I've heard 2 or 3 songs that sound like the old theme songs for Wonder Woman and the Bob Newhart show.

Next time I'm playing in church, I'll start playing 'WKRP in Cincinnati' and see if anyone notices. Yeah. That would really let the spirit move. HA! Until Next Time,

The Armchair Theologian

2 Comments:

Blogger Princess Jones said...

I'd be interested in hearing exactly what songs Matt Redman wrote that sound just like the other songs - and what the other songs are.

4:39 PM

 
Blogger The Armchair Geek said...

Uh, I wasn't REALLY serious about Matt. No need to leap to Matt's defense and all...Let's not fight honey; it's our first date. But seriously, I'm sure every note he's ever penned and every lyric he's ever written has been completely original and uninfluenced by anything whatsoever. He is a spoonful of Buckleys among the syrupy phlegm of modern worship music (I'm not sure if that sounds like a compliment...?!?). How's that for shameless butt-kissing?

12:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home