So Nimm Denn Meine Hande...

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Where I am now...

I've recently finished moving and unpacking and I've still been searching for a theological project. I've had two suggestions:

1. Study Hell. I'm not sure if this is a serious idea or a hint. lol.
2. Study early Christian female martyrs. Tough to find resources on such a specific topic...but I'll look into it.

BUT, in the meantime, I'm brushing up on my Jehovah's Witnesses heresies as a J.W. came to my door the other day, wanting to share 'the truth' with me. I was on my way to work so I had to go, but she said that she'd be back this upcoming week. None the less, I've been reading up on some of the ideas of the followers of Charles Taze Russell. That's not really a project, but I have been brushing up on my biblical defence of the deity of Christ, the eternality of hell and the authority of scripture. Studying the scriptures is always good stuff.

Beyond that, I've also been thinking about and praying about where I'm going to get involved with my church in this upcoming year. It seems like God has been reminding me about the blessing and neccessity of suffering, and it seems fitting that I'm looking at serving at church...which often involves the most suffering. I mean, I get more headaches from the christians than the pagans. I just am caught between a rock and a hard place; trying to know where to fit in, how to go about approaching things and which hill(s) to die on. It's not that I don't know those things, but I often don't want to partake in the battles that I must. I need some renewed hope. Speaking of which, that is going to be my next project. I'm going to work out an understanding of biblical hope. Problem solved. Wow. Blogging is kinda therepeutic. Well, God bless all who read this and seek the truth. Until Next Time,

The Armchair Theologian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home