So Nimm Denn Meine Hande...

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Another Cop out Post...

Okay...Not REALLY a cop out post, but kinda. Here's a little news for y'all:

I'm having a holiday in Minneapolis right now, hanging out with The Sweetie, Vas is Daas?, Gretchen "The Bruce" Lee, Benjo Kazoui, Frankolantern and the Abominable Sparkly Building. Them Bethlehem Bunches of Oats are a cool brand of jeans, and I've enjoyed their company immensely. And yes, one of them is called "The Sweetie". In case someone out there hasn't already figured it out, I'm out of Midian. I'm also supposed to go pick her up at work soon, so stories and pictures to come. Anyway, I'm dating the awesomest girl in the world. HA!

Oh, and on Sunday I'm going to church at John Piper's church...after like 3 failed tries! YES!

Oh, and watch for me in the March/April issue of HM Magazine. I'm writing album reviews for them now, and hopefully I'll be contributing concert reviews and whatnot in the future. Maybe I'll get to interview some of the guys from some of the bands that were in the most recent issue of Revolver Magazine's article on Christian Metal...cause some of them need to talk to SOMEONE about spiritual matters... Just go to your local 7-11, read the interview and prepare to cry at what passes for "Christian band" these days. If you're on a "Christian" label, or claim to be a "Christian band" (not that anyone claims that anymore), you can believe anything and get away with it.

There's no "b" in "Jesus" dudes.

Okay. Off to pick up the girlfriend from work. Until Next Time,

The Armchair Theologian

11 Comments:

Blogger Princess Jones said...

I WANT PICTURES!!!!! Many, many, many pictures!!!

6:14 PM

 
Blogger Karmyn said...

Weeeee're baaaack!

Had the most amazing trip. See you online...

Hope you are having a wonderful time with Jen...

3:43 AM

 
Blogger Frank Martens said...

Ok, technically I haven't hung out with the him and the crew yet.

I'm sure that'll change on Sunday.

10:03 AM

 
Blogger Jonathan Klassen said...

Yeah, I started to notice this trend a couple of years ago while looking for some new Christian music to listen to.

While walking down the music iles at Scott's Parable. I noticed they were selling cds for bands like Chevelle and of all things Life House. I know that the members of these bands are Christians but that does not make their music Christian.

I thought to myself, "I could make a CD (doesn't matter what I put on there) and this place would sell it (that is if it was a CD that was going to sell) as long as I professed to be Christian."

10:37 AM

 
Blogger Jen2 said...

So, you finally believe us that there's no "B" in Jesus......SAH-WEEET.

Hope that you had safe travels brother!

Laters ~
Jen2

7:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa. You've got a girlfriend, and you're writing album reviews. It's like you've suddenly become infinitely cooler. Who'd have thought moving from Saskatchewan to California could do that for you, eh?

Andrew L

10:53 PM

 
Blogger Craver Vii said...

So, did you go to JP's church? I wish I could visit some day. Especially in winter, 'cause I'd pick a snowball fight with the Sturm (one of the pastors) family. There's snow out there now, right?

10:39 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

Craver - you MUST come up someday - and bring the Craver Crew!! And FYI, I'd pick a snowball fight with you guys. Man, talk about snow flying every which direction! :)

We actually JUST got snow Sunday night (Armchair was up here for the snowfall) - beautiful, perfect, fluffy snow - be still my beating heart!

10:22 AM

 
Blogger The Armchair Theologian said...

I did go to B-Bap on Sunday. And Jen has absolutely no clue how close she was to getting a massive face wash in the snow. I often find it simpler to throw the people at the snow than throw the snow at the people.

Tee Hee!

11:51 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

Aww, isn't that sweet?

Yeah...I didn't get said snow-in-the-face because then our dear armchair would have feared for his life.
Bwahahaha....

It's snowing right now actually...!

2:38 PM

 
Blogger Craver Vii said...

Armchair, I'm nervous that a snowball fight with you could turn into world war three. Mrs. Craver and the little appetites don't go for the face-smearing and Momma goes gangsta if someone tries to launch her. But I'd still play...

THWACK!! drip, drip. Gotcha!

3:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home