So Nimm Denn Meine Hande...

Thursday, June 22, 2006

For those who have nothing to pray about...

Yup. For those who don't know, I'm a geek. I listen to music nobody has ever heard of (Buckethead? Bumblefoot? Ayreon? Angra?), I am familiar enough with anime to talk about it without sounding too stupid, I work at a computer store and know how to talk L337, I can quote more than a few lines from a few 'typical geek' movies (Search for the Holy Grail, Army of Darkness, etc.) and I enjoy Star Trek (among other Sci Fi shows).

That last one though, that is almost done. I've been watching through Deep Space 9 for the last several months (an episode a day on my lunch breaks is a GREAT break from the insanity of work) and I've just about had enough with their blatant attacks against Biblical Christianity. Why doesn't anyone make a Sci-Fi series where everyone isn't flamingly aggressive evolutionists and the Bible isn't openly and totally mocked? I mean, if the world lasts much longer, it's going to be because some Christians help it limp along. Gene Roddenberry was a complete (proverbial) fool with a fantastic immagination. I love the visual candy and the adventure, but the stupid philosophy/theology is getting outright annoying. Just venting. So here's an idea: I'm going to start praying for the conversion of Sisko and the rest of the crew of Terok Nor. God's grace is WIDE and you never know; the series isn't done yet. Maybe they all become Christians when Jesus comes back in season 7?!

Until Next Time,

The Armchair Theologian

5 Comments:

Blogger tmosh said...

i happened to stumble on your blog thru camille's - you may have a laugh with this website-
http://www.geekcode.com/geek.html
determine your own geek code - i realized i am way less geekie than i could be - w00t

4:57 PM

 
Blogger THACI said...

I love DS9 and I too watch it on my lunch break. It actually makes me thankful for Christianity. They are so concerned with pleaseing their "gods" that they loose so much. Or to think that the Klingons slew their "gods". What kind of god is that??

6:32 PM

 
Blogger The Armchair Geek said...

I used to beat up Klingon 'gods' when I was in elementary school. I never ONCE paid for my own lunch in all of grade 6. Kilngon 'gods' are like the 'gods' of Huggies and Pampers.

Also, I'm much more of a geek than I'd ever care to admit! DOH!

10:50 PM

 
Blogger THACI said...

Can you speak Klingon? That would make you a geek. I only know one, which makes me a little geeky but not a total geek.

There is also the big debate about who would make the perfect crew, if you had to pick people from all the star treks. That conversation can get ugly!
I think you can link me from camilles blog

8:37 PM

 
Blogger Kirk said...

i am proud to know who buckethead is. then again, i owe it to matt wiebe...

11:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home