So Nimm Denn Meine Hande...

Friday, September 22, 2006

With a skip and a hop...

...and a little Photoshop, I'm on the bandwagon. I'm no Phil Johnson (and his Pyromaniacs pictures are amazing), but I'll get better at digital editing sometime between now and the trumpet blast. Anyway, this is my take on the "Jonathan Edwards is my homeboy" goofiness. I definitely see the humor, though I also don't like the trend of trivializing the momentous by throwing them on a t-shirt and adding "... is my homeboy". I mean, Edwards was one of the greatest theologians of the past 300 years and his writings have seriously changed my life. I'm not comfortable taking him in jest (or I shouldn't). That's like slapping John MacArthur a high-five after a good sermon and saying "way to let 'er rip, Pastor!" COMPLETELY inappropriate...

So I propose that instead that someone make shirts that trivialize people who are already trivial. Then, as I see it, no harm done! Consider the following coming to fall fashions near you:

OROR

How about one for the ladies?


Then again, if we're trivializing trivial folks, why beat around the bush?


So does anyone see a Christian clothing contract in my future? Yeah. Me neither.

Until Next Time,

The Armchair Theologian

6 Comments:

Blogger Kirk said...

i could go for a 'creflo is my homeboy'.

4:31 PM

 
Blogger Wyatt Graham said...

what can't the guys have joyce too?! I want her !

7:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh man, if a few people we know saw this one! Ha ha.

Seriously, sign me up for a Joyce and a Craflo please

7:12 PM

 
Blogger Kirk said...

actually 'benny is my homeboy' is now used on my inactive band site...


purevolume.com/buffetofdeath

3:19 PM

 
Blogger The Armchair Geek said...

Wow. That's awesome Kirk! I'm glad you dig the Benny-o-rama shirts! I also dig your band. Ladies, ladies now! (You're like the screamo version of "Ill Mitch"! W3RD!) That song is going to be used as background music when I preach my first sermon in my homiletics lab (My sermon is called "Make a joyful noise: An exposition of Revelation 20:14"). I anticipating that at least 4 guys in my class will get saved. PTL!

5:11 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

That's pretty much hilarious.

Aww, Benny looks so good on a cotton/polyester blend.

4:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home