So Nimm Denn Meine Hande...

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Confessions of a Malfunctioning brain...

Well, I’m not really sure whether I should be posting this on my theology blog or my, uh, non-theology blog. So, I’m kinda doing both. The Armchair Geek is guest starring on the Reflections of a Rogue Brain today. Now that the explanation is over, here’s the post:

Now those that know me, you know that I seldom dream. I don’t know why, but I suspect that it’s because me own brain is unable to survive the insane on goings of my subconscious. BUT, every now and then, the bizarre ranting of my subconscious leaks into my conscious mind when I sleep. That happened last night.

I woke up this morning from a dream about being involved in a strange, strange “ministry”. I don’t know if this is thoughts of ‘seminary life’ bleeding over into my dreams, but I dreamt that I was involved in a crazy-go-nuts “ministry” called RTB Ministries international. That would have been not so bad if “RTB” meant “Read The Bible” Ministries or “Reach The Buddhists”. Not even close. “RTB” stood for “Rhyming about Things that Bite”.

It was a ministry that was involved about meeting the “need” of people to know all about the dangers of animals that bite, and to announce those dangers via rhyme. Apparently there were lots of missionaries all around the world whose missions careers were cut short because they were killed by animal attacks. So someone started a ministry to help educate missionaries about the dangers of being bitten by animals and being killed on the mission field…and that apparently had to be done with rhyming.

I was part of a short term missions team that went to some foreign country (like India or something like that) and stood in a marketplace telling rhymes to beware of Wildebeests and snakes and whatnot. And there was a crowd of hundreds that were listening intently, hanging on our every word about the dangers of animals that bit.

We also “ministered” in a local church, telling several rhymes of various pentameter, about the dangers of animals that bite. Many maulings were prevented for the kingdom. Praise the Lord! Then I woke up.

What the freaking heck is wrong with me? I’m praying it was a stupid dream…but I woke up laughing because it was at least an entertaining heresy. I’m not sure it's reflective of some deeper misunderstandings but I’ll mention it to someone I esteem and see if they think it’s a serious danger. I’m a closet heretic! HA! HA! Okay. I’m officially crazy. Until Next Time,

The Armchair Rhyming Antibeastiomasticating Missionary. (I just made up another word, though I suspect I did it wrong)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Whoa. Whoa.

Man, that is crazy-go-nuts. Nothing else could describe it sufficiently. Were you provided with pre-written rhymes or did you have to freestyle your own?

Sign me up for the next short-term missions trip...

3:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I honestly don't remember the rhymes, though in the dream I think we were "freestyle in the Spirit" or something. That IS a position on tongues that I've never heard before...that the apostles rapped in the native language of all the listeners.

I'll let you know when the next missions trip, uh, to places where people get bit by animals, is taking off. I'm preparing a support letter as we speak! PTL!

12:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home